Monday, October 29, 2012

RL Bite: Hurricane Sandy


Outside our living room window. Wind gusts up to about 60 m.p.h. at almost 3:00 p.m. today. Otherwise, it seems like a fairly quite day with overcast skies and intermittent sprinkles here in southern Maine.


This is a mild gust outside my bedroom window. A bit of a power flicker, but nothing serious here. Should start to ease up in a couple hours and then just be rainy. Local power company has reported upwards of 1,700 addresses in my (fairly big) county without power. Most we've had in my town is about 30 last I saw. Numbers go up and down. Thank goodness it's not Winter with snow and freezing temperatures. Plenty of food and water if power goes out. Emergency hand-cranked radio is broken. Ordered a new one Saturday. Should be here after the storm passes on Wednesday.

Following Sandy at Google Crisis is interesting. All our iDevices are charged up and browser tabs I have open on any of them or the desktop can be viewed on any device. But I know if I log into Second Life we'll probably lose power. That's the way luck works. But I am watching the My Second Life feeds.

No comments: